Congratulations! You have decided to put up a fence around your home or business? This fence can give you a lot of benefits — security, beauty, protection, noise barrier, value and peace of mind. Not sure which kind of material to use? Looking at an Iron fence vs an Aluminum fence? It really depends on what you are looking for. Let us help you with the benefits of each.
Research building code
First thing to do is check with the building codes in your neighborhood or county. They may have some restrictions on height, color, type of material to be compatible with the rest of the properties, etc. Also, do you need to get approval before you invest any of your time and money?
Now let’s look at the benefits of an Iron and Aluminum Fence.
Benefits of a wrought iron fence
There are many benefits of installing a wrought iron fence:
- Heavy duty – good for excessive wear and tear
- Durable and long lasting
- Great for high security settings
- Decorative, elegant and traditional look
- Rigid material that is not flexible
- Perfect for historic districts
- Best installed on level or flat terrain or on top of a retaining wall
- Low Maintenance
- Wrought iron fences can also be made of aluminum or steel
- Support for Plants (hedges and climbing plants)
The combination of durability, longevity, security and classical aesthetics make a wrought iron fence a strong choice for your property.
Benefits of an aluminum fence
Aluminum fences multiple benefits as well:
- Maintenance free – no rust, chipping, cracking or peeling
- Look of wrought iron but lighter in weight
- Never needs to be painted
- Numerous styles and color options available
- Used for both residential and industrial projects because of range of grades available makes it a very stable fencing
- Easy to install and repair
- Ideal for sloped or uneven terrain
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Used as a barrier or for decorative value
An aluminum fence a solid choice for your property if maintenance free, easy installation and uneven terrain are factors for you.
With this research, you should have a little more clarity and confidence moving forward with your new fence. Once you figure out your priorities and determine your budget and style preferences, choosing the material for your new fence should be simple. We recommend wrought iron and aluminum fencing depending on your needs and wishes.
Visit Tampa Steel & Supply for Quality Steel and Aluminum
Are you in need of steel supplies? Look no further than the professionals at Tampa Steel and Supply. We stock an extensive list of steel products for whatever project you need to tackle. We’re proud to have served our customers for nearly four decades and are ready to assist you with your steel needs. Have questions? Give us a call today to learn more, or stop by our beautiful Tampa showroom.