This is for the lovebirds out there! Husbands (and wives) make sure you remember your spouse on their anniversary to make them feel loved and appreciated.
First Through Sixth Year Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Just in case you do not know what the specific gifts to give each anniversary, here is a list of the first six years. Most people know that the anniversary gifts made of 25th anniversary is silver and the 50th anniversary is gold.
Year Traditional Gift Modern Gift
1st Paper Clocks
2nd Cotton China
3rd Leather Crystal, Glass
4th Linen, Silk Electrical Appliances
5th Wood Silverware
6th Iron Wood
See here for anniversary gifts for each year up to the 75th. Hint – think bling!
What Is the 6th Year Wedding Anniversary Gift?
“The traditional 6th wedding anniversary gift in the US is iron. Iron anniversary gifts can be interpreted literally or figuratively—it’s up to you. Go for hand-forged iron jewelry or think outside the box with a set of golf clubs. The modern anniversary gift is wood, and the same creative license applies to shopping for wood anniversary gifts. But there’s no rule stating your 6-year anniversary gift has to include these materials—they’re simply assigned as the elemental symbols of the 6th anniversary, so think of them as helpful jumping off points if you’re stumped. Keep scrolling for classic and creative 6th anniversary gift ideas for him, her and them,” TheKnot.com. The Knot is a very popular wedding site for couples planning their nuptials.
Here is a list of creative anniversary gifts made of iron put together by
TheNest.com who are the makers of The Knot and The Bump. The Nest helps couples navigate the first years of cohabitation through inspiring, informative and engaging home decor, food and relationship content.
Iron Gifts for 6th Year Anniversary
- Power tools:A few new toys for his toolbox, perhaps?
- Cast iron cookware:Anyone who loves to cook would drool over a set of cast iron cookware from a company like Le Creuset or Emile Henry.
- Golf clubs:Is your sweetie an “iron man”? Get him a whole new set of golf irons for your sixth anniversary.
- Stainless barware:Crack open a brand new bar set and mix up the signature drink from your wedding reception!
- Wrought iron décor:If you only think of fences when you think of wrought iron, you’re missing out. This material is used in lots of rustic furniture and wall hangings – great for a spouse with a traditional style sensibility.
- Iron jewelry:Bypass the standard fare and opt for a hand-forged iron piece instead.
- Iron sculpture:A piece of art is the perfect gift for a high-brow hubby. Make it extra sweet with a DIY personalized piece.
- Iron Man:Feel like a pair of superheroes enjoying this action flick on anniversary night.
- The Man in the Iron Mask:This tale of a mysterious French prisoner is something you can both get engrossed in.
- Candle holders:Have a candlelit dinner in the works? Iron candlesticks are the perfect luxe touch.
- Garden trellis:For a sweetie who loves to spend hours in the garden.
- Iron wine rack:Be sure to fill it with bottles of both of your favorite wines.
- Iron bookends:Got a bibliophile on your hands? A funky pair of iron bookends make a great bookshelf accessory.
- Fondue set:What’s better than chocolate-covered strawberries? Making your own chocolate-covered strawberries together.
- Rustic hand forged hammered iron ring: A ring that is hand-picked and hand-made is the perfect gift of love.
Visit Tampa Steel & Supply for Quality Iron
Are you in need of steel supplies? Look no further than the professionals at Tampa Steel and Supply. We stock an extensive list of steel products for whatever project you need to tackle. We’re proud to have served our customers for nearly four decades and are ready to assist you with your steel needs. Have questions? Give us a call today to learn more, or stop by our beautiful Tampa showroom.
Request a Quote Online
Or Call Tampa Steel & Supply at (813) 402-0740