At Tampa Steel & Supply (TSS), we are closely monitoring developments related to the spread of COVID-19. Our top priority remains the safety of our employees, customers and suppliers.
We are an Essential Business, and as such will remain open during our normal hours. We will continue to maintain our high levels of service to ensure our customers receive the materials they need to keep working. We are basing our decisions on information from the CDC and local authorities. As we learn more, we may need to make changes to our operation; if such changes become necessary, we will communicate them to you immediately.
We have implemented the following precautionary steps:
- COMPANY-WIDE NO-CONTACT POLICY: We have asked all TSS employees to refrain from shaking hands, fist bumping, hugs, elbow bumps, etc. until this situation is declared over by the authorities.
- NO CONTACT WITH CUSTOMERS: This process is as follows: Walk-in or will call customers will place their order, our staff will maintain the recommended social distance of six feet, the order will be entered, and we then ask that you wait inside your vehicle while we process your order. You will be loaded up and handed your receipt.
- ENHANCED CLEANING: We are wiping down all potential touch points, including door handles, railings, counters, samples, etc. multiple times a day with appropriate cleaning products.
- RESTRICTED IN-PERSON SALES CALLS: Instead, you will be receiving phone calls and emails until it becomes safe to visit in person again.
- DELIVERIES: All deliveries will be made as scheduled. However, our driver will sign your ticket and hand you the receipt; all potential contact is restricted.
- RECEIVING: All vendors are being asked to let us offload without contact and maintain social distancing, sign our name on the receiver, and then hand us the paperwork.
- EMPLOYEES WITH SYMPTOMS: Any TSS employees who exhibit a fever or show other symptoms are required to stay home and seek medical attention.
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS, WE ASK THAT YOU:
- If possible, call or email your orders to us. We will stage them ready for pick up, thus limiting any potential contact.
- Place your order online at https://tampasteel.com/store/
- If you must enter the building, please limit your party to one person at a time if possible.
On behalf of TSS, we thank you for your cooperation in adhering to these new guidelines as we do our part to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19. We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees, families, customers, suppliers, and community at large, and we make all decisions with safety in mind. If you have any questions, or further considerations in how we can support you, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (813) 241-2801.
Owner & CEO