Metal bar grating is widely used for its strength, stability, safety, and long-term cost payoff. Metal grates are comprised of a series of equally spaced bearing bars connected at various intersections to form a load-bearing panel that can sustain almost any load or weight requirement.
Metal grates are available in various panel sizes, bar sizes and spacings, bar shapes, and metal types.
Bar Grating Materials
- Mild Carbon Steel
- 6000 Series Aluminum
- 300 Series Stainless Steels
Bar Grating Configurations
Standard Welded Bar Grating
- Ideal for industrial applications and commercial buildings.
- Most popular grating due to its durability, easy installation, and low production cost.
- Promotes cleanliness and maximizes the circulation of air, light, heat, water, and sound.
- Economical design manufactured by welding the bearing bar and cross bar at equally spaced intersections.
- Available in carbon steel and stainless steel.
- Panels are 2′ or 3′ wide by 20′ or 24′ long.
Heavy Duty Welded
- Ideal for industrial rolling loads and trench drains.
- Excellent heavy load carry capacity and boasts high safety, durability, and levels of use over many years.
- Available in widths of 2′ or 3′ and 20′ or 24′ lengths.
Swage-Locked Bar Grating
- Ideal for architectural and ornamental applications.
- Manufactured by interlocking rectangular “I” bearing bars to cross bars.
- Used for its lighter weight, lower cost, and reduced open space between grating.
- Available in all materials.
- Spacings range from 2″ to 4″.
Riveted Bar Grating
- Ideal for engineering projects and applications involving repetitive traffic patterns and heavy loads (flooring, ramps, docks, walkways, and other surfaces).
- Exceptionally durable. Greater load carrying capacity than welded or swage-locked grating options.
- Increased resistance to buckling and residual stress.
- Manufactured by riveting bearing bars to bent reticulated connecting bars.
- Available in steel and aluminum.
- Spacings range from 1-1/8″ to 3/4″.
Visit Tampa Steel and Supply for the Widest Selection of Metal Bar Grating
Completing a contracting or remodeling project is no simple task. Let the knowledgeable team at Tampa Steel and Supply help make your life easier and your final product nothing short of excellence when it comes to quality.